FreeStyle: The Ritz Experience_ItsWhatYouWear

Last time in Paris or actually every time I travel and got time on my hands I like checking out hotels. Especially having been to a city before for Paris this is like about five times starting with an exchange in a sister city on the outskirts. My host family was wonderful Joelle, my french friend would take my to Paris everyday! But her German was much much better than my french which only picks up fluency with a sip of Rose if you know what I mean.

 Anyways, so with the sightseeing pretty much done I not only like hotels in Frankfurt but anywhere in the world. And the Ritz is one of them because of Coco Chanel having spent the later part of her life in an upstairs "apartement".So and now here is the kicker: the first time I went there: what do you think happened? Wearing just comfortable sandals and jeans? Exactly, I got turned away right after entering thru the revolving door. By a young emlpoyee in a black, knee-length costume. Having learnt from this experience and because I welcmed the  challenge  I returend a few das later -




And nobody bothered to look at me. Well, Pretty sure it was the attitude supported by what I was wearing which made me feel good. Style lesson learnt: Dress for the occasion. What my acting teacher used to tell us: the way you dress (costume) makes the attitude and the character. You would call this superficial? So be it. It still works.



Totally undisturbed I was able to take a stroll down the corridors all the way to the Rue Du Cambon exit (that famous one where Princess Diana left at night) and check out the Hemingway bar where men need to put on a tie. Its very intimate, small-and there is a typewriter. It gave me goose bumbs just to think of Hemingway and Fitzgerald having been in the same place. Also, I had the pleasure of watching an Eastern European family with their ill mannered children climbing over sofas and those exquisit armchairs without anyone calling them out. So tell me, do you think money makes the world go round and you dont need manners? 

Comments

  1. oh- das ritz, war schon ewig nicht mehr da. das letzte mal rauchte ich noch und man durfte es dort auch noch - also 2005 oder so. LG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ich war noch nie in Paris, irgendwann will ich auch hin. Unbedingt! Kleidung sagt viel über den Menschen aus.

    Du sagst du hast 7x versucht bei mir zu kommentieren. Es kam nur ein Kommentar an und dann noch deine "Beschwerde" ;)
    LG Cla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na dann Plan das mal ein;-) Und keine Sorge, dass war keine Beschwerde, so pienzig bin ich nicht;-))))) Aber bei dem Ton, der hier im Internet oft herrscht, kann man manches schon mal falsch verstehen....LG Sabina

      Delete
  3. Ja... stimmt.
    Wieso schreibst Du uns in Englisch... nur so in frankfurt.... only that way in Paris?
    ´LG Sunny von Sunny's side of life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deinen Kommentar verstehe ich nicht. Aber warum ich Englisch schreibe? Weil es mir Spaß macht. LG Sabina

      Delete
  4. Huhu. Ich habe hier auch gestern kommentier, der Kommentar ist weg. Had du gestern wirklich 7x versucht bei mir zu kommentieren? Ist doch ärgerlich.
    Paris muss toll sein, leider war ich noch nie dort. Aber irgendwann mal...
    LG Cla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment